Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Garden in Winter



Winter Snowfall



Well, Twinkie, I'll bet you're finally sorry you brought fleas into the house, because you're an indoor cat now.



And this is the scene he was musing on.



The hillside, that I spent so much time getting ready to plant with coral bells and hostas. You can hardly believe in this tame view how full of weeds it was!



My garden seat, currently too cold and snowy to sit on.



The fairy garden, where the fairies are currently sleeping...or perhaps on vacation in Florida, which is where I would be if I didn't have to work for a living.



Not everything survives. This trellis was falling over, onto the neighbor's fence. I pulled it down completely, and had to trim a lot of the vine off in order to do that. My poor silver lace vine never recovered.



The trimming of the Silver Lace Vine in the previous picture endured is nothing compared to the trimming the Wisteria underwent the following spring, when my brother helped me replace this metal gazebo with a wooden one. It all had to be cut off so the metal could be moved out.
The roots are well established, the plant is extremely invasive, and it did not suffer much.
Looks like my hair in the morning.





Intruder alert! Intruder alert!



Currently the only color is from the things I've painted, and other things I've hung.




Oh, how I miss my beautiful front garden! It looks so horrible, I can't think of anything to do to spruce it up. It's just depressing and yucky.



Though there are a few nice views, if you look close and don't take in the big picture. These are Echinacea pods.



Here is a deceased container arrangement.



The only thing remotely like a flower is the bowling ball my boyfriend found in the woods, and brought me knowing I'd go crazy over it. I painted it my favorite colors. I'd rather have junk from the woods than a boquet any day. I'm a cheap date.
In the winter, there is only one thing to look forward to...Valentine's Day, and Godiva Chocolates!

No comments: