Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kitty Litter Cake -- Another Halloween MUST

I'm not much of a cook, and here is my recipe for bake-less Kitty Litter Cake.

I make one for my birthday every year, and bring it in to work, and anyone who pretends to be my friend has to have some whether they want or not, if they want to stay in my good graces.



Ingredients: 1 marble pound cake , 1 chocolate pound cake (I use Entenmann's), some vanilla pudding, powdered sugar, tootsie rolls.

So here's the recipe...I crumble up a regular pound cake
and crumble up chocolate pound cake, mixing it with some vanilla pudding.

Then I put it in the black pan. It's supposed to look like a litter pan.

Then I sprinkle it with powdered sugar, to make it look more authentic.

Then the best part, I get some tootsie rolls, warm them up a bit in the microwave, and shape them to "taste".



I adorn the top with them. And finally, I have a kitty litter scooper reserved only for serving the cake! Isn't it awesome!

Serving this cake has been very educational in the past. I learned that some people, in fact many people, just have no sense of humor.

Including Grumpet. This one even stretches the tolerance of my own siblings, who know me well and usually are happy to indulge me.

But Twinkie likes it.

No comments: