Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Classics

There are a lot of great Halloween Classics. They don't all get the appreciation they deserve. For example, look at this Picasso. [Click on ALL pictures for close-ups.] Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) "Old Woman," at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Louise and Walter Arensberg Collection Why doesn't this picture grace the cover of more Halloween cards? Here are some retro cards I have. I like them! Here's a "devil mask" from Mexico in some museum. I wonder if it's the inspiration for the famous Bat Boy? Here are some more Halloween classics. Probably you have seen some version of this by now. I love this idea! Here are three of the best classics in the world. My three beloved ferrets, Dipsy (top left), Milkdud (top right), and Dutzi (below). Here are two Halloween cards I got in the past that I liked so much I kept. Halloween can be funny and irreverent, or just cute as hell! Skeletons and skulls are Halloween classics. The first is a bone grave from Hallstadt, Germany. And a more modern version of skeletons--irreverent (sort of, not really), and cute! Spend some cool time looking at pictures of the Sedlec Ossuary in the Czech Republic. The link to the Sedlec Ossuary is below, at the END of my blog: I don't want you to miss a thing! I love this bat joke: My hand-painted Halloween art (available for purchase): Happy Halloween! click here to see the Sedlec Ossuary, but NOT until you're done reading MY blog!

1 comment:

Abrahm said...

You really do go all out for Halloween, don't you? I like some of those cards you've received. I've seen pictures of the ossuary before, that is just crazy! Someone must have been a bit unstable after that much time crafting human remains into sculpture and furniture.