Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More Cool Animal Pictures From My Zoo Tour

I saw more cool animals on my trip than I could shake a camera at. But here are some more highlights.



What a sucker this guy was!

Every zoo I went to had otters and they all came to greet their princess (i.e. ME), though some didn't stop eating.
Honestly, some otters just have NO manners!



Amazon Milk Frog (Trachycephalus resinifictrix)



I thought this frog was stunning.

This tiny, adorable cutie was saddled with this moniker: "the Screaming Hairy Armadillo."
What a burden for such a little baby!



I liked getting such a nice picture of this beautiful cat:



In addition to many unusual animals, I also enjoyed many of the standards-
lions and tigers and bears, bears bears: polar bears, grizzly bears, spectacled bears.



This is a grizzly.

Also rhinos, tigers, giraffes, elephants...



And others:



Know what? Moose are HUGE!!

This is the quintessential vampire bat, the "flying fox."



I could barely tear myself away from these creatures. I spent quite a bit of time with them gazing at them, just taking them in. Their wings were wrapped so tightly around them, they looked like they were shrink-wrapped!

One kept licking his nose, another kept opening and shutting his wings.
I just gawked at them. It doesn't help that I love Halloween best of all the holidays.



I love going to the zoo!

No comments: